Women are in the know from a young age, and looking after their skin has long been a priority. But it doesn’t have to be that way, so let us show you just how simple mens skincare can be. We have the product and the know how, to make sure your routine is on par with the women in your life.
Time to take some space on the bathroom shelves!
First things first. Men’s skin is different from women’s, and simply using your wife’s/sisters/girlfriends/mums products is not the right place to start. You don’t need a bunch of products in your bathroom, you just need products made for men. Because let’s face it, if you’re actually going to use this stuff you want it to work. Healthy skin not only looks good, but ages better too. It keeps you looking good for longer, simple. Sub par skincare habits can lead to acne, sores, rashes and wrinkles.
So let’s get down to business, why do men need to care about their skin? and why do they need their own products?:
- Your skin is oilier – this is one of the main differences between male and female skin. Because of testosterone, a man’s skin produces more oil, which makes them more prone to skin problems, like acne. Facial washes made for men generally clean deeper and are often a little more concentrated.
- Your skin is thicker – a man’s skin is 25-30% thicker than a woman’s. Due to more elastin and collagen we naturally age a little better. It doesn’t mean you can skip the sunscreen and moisturizer though. Try think of your skincare routine as a preventative, not a cure. You’re trying to retain the youthful appearance and age gracefully.
- We sweat – Men have bigger pores and we sweat more. Because of this, we can have an increased build up of dirt and excess oil. Cleansing your skin every day is a great place to start, but a few times a week you should be using a Face Scrub, making sure you get a deep clean. If you’ve got any skin irritations like acne, just continue to use a cleanser till they settle down, then once you’re ready, start using a good quality Face Scrub to stay on top of things.
- You shave – shaving can cause razor burn, rashes and irritation. To prevent skin problems, you need to use shaving gel or cream, aftershave, and a good quality moisturiser. When you shave, you effectively remove layers of skin. You have to make sure you’re help to soothe, restore and rehydrate the skin post shave.
- You’re out in the elements more – subjecting your skin to more UV rays, environmental pollution, wind damage, and other free radicals that all work together to age the skin, producing wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
- We don’t know what we don’t know—Most men are just getting into skincare and trying to establish a good routine. We want to move past all the marketing and hype from the big companies, and just help inform you about the most essential and important things when it comes to skincare. We keep it simple, we have great products that work, we don’t do a daily ”10 step plan to a healthier better you” we just tell you what to use and how to use it, knowing you’ll benefit from it.
- Confidence is key– Feeling confident in how we look is a critical part of life. How your skin looks plays an important role in finding that confidence. So let us help you establish a routine that works for you.
Every man will benefit from simply using sunscreen and a moisturiser every day, if that’s where you start, so be it. But if you want something a little more comprehensive, have a look at packs.